Our Church Vision
To raise a generation that will have a lifestyle of WORSHIP, Rooted in God’s Holy WORD, Fervent in PRAYER, Focussed on EVANGELISM and having the Spirit of Servant LEADERSHIP Our VISION is to be the CHURCH that hears the HEARTBEAT of the Lord and where PEOPLE love to SERVE SELFLESSLY unto the Lord. We are determined to be THE LIGHT, THE HOPE and BE THE CHURCH of this CENTURY to bring many to the LOVE OF CHRIST by taking the SAVING AND HEALING Power of the LORD.
What we believe?
Our Statement Of Faith
1. The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God.
2. There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death.
4. in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
5. In the blessed hope, the imminent return of Christ for overcoming believers.
6. In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
7. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
8. Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
9. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it. The Holy Spirit in a persons life is evidenced by changes in his life, including a renewed love for God, and people, a commitment to the scriptures and holy living.
10. The spirit filled believer has the capability of speaking with new tongues whether or not he or she chooses to exercise this gifting.
11. The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
12. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
13. In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
14. In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
15. Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
16. Marriage is God-ordained. The creator made them male and female, and said, For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh (Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
17. We practice two ordinances: (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of ones sins and receiving the gift of salvation. And (2) Holy Communion (the Lords Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christs suffering and death for our salvation.
What can one expect?
The Pastoral Leadership believes in a HOLY SPIRIT centric MINISTERING SERVICE unto the LORD AND unto His people. One can sense the richness of His presence as the WORSHIP session starts. Healings and times of Intercession are always a speciality of the SHELTERHOUSE worship services. Many have walked in with unbearable physical and emotional pain and have walked out liberated by the work of the Holy Spirit. One can be assured of the WARMTH OF GOD’s LOVE through the strong fellowship and bonding that the CHURCH has within itself. The talents and potential of a person is developed as the CHURCH gives enough opportunities for people interested in serving Him through its various Ministry wings.